Sketching People on the Nottingham Train...



Yes, I'm back on trains again. If you read my main blog, you'll know that I've been doing quite a few trips back and forth to Nottingham.


Here are some of the sketches that I couldn't fit into that post.


This woman above was strangely intense looking, mostly I think because of her quite harsh makeup.


I spent some time playing in Photoshop with this next one: yes, the seats really are that red!


Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to play with colouring most of them yet. Maybe later. I always enjoy that bit and find it rather therapeutic. Actually, the whole 'sketching-on-trains things is rather Zen: such intense focus concentration, it's almost meditation!



If you are trying to draw people in public places, you might be interested in this post with all my best hot tips!

No comments: